Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tagged but not Bagged

  • Alice Thompson I can't believe you just tagged me. The last time I played tag was when I was about 8 or 23. But now that I think about it, a year or so ago, the cop that said I was doing 62 in a 50 zone promptly "tagged" me for speeding. This is far more enjoyable. Anyway, having just gotten started with art again, Karin's DSFDF and a brand spankin new blog, I feel honored and hope the seven people who I have no idea who they are, feel the same way. I chose artists for the most part that participate in the weekly challenge whose paintings and blogs I enjoy. They are all very talented individuals. So the rules as I understand them are as follows... Tell the world seven things not commonly known about yourself and tag seven other lucky people to keep the dream alive. Oh ya, and put a link in your post to the person (that would be me) that tagged you. And the lucky winners are: Jerry Points, Lesley Spanos, Karel Tuinart, Kari Tirrell, Annie Salness, Jeanne Bauer, Amber Lounder. Aparantly collecting on this prize is optional, but FUN! Hope you all join in, but if you don't, no harm no foul. Now Alice said I would be learning a couple of things here about blogging. Well we'll see. So far...nothing......still nothing......pause...........okay I'm back and thanks to Alice's tutorial I was able to link everyone, but I still don't know how to make this look pretty. And now, without further ado, here are seven things about me. #1. Everything that Camille LaRue Olsen said in her list except #'s 1,2,3,4,6,&7. #2. If ever I barf, it comes out my nose, so know this, that NEVER happens. Way back when, the docs used to remove everything that was superfluous if they had you on the bench. Kind of like making a stock car. In the end I wasn't half bad in track and field. #3. I have fabulous twin daughters who will be extremely proud of their father when they read #2. #4. I have a lovely and very bright wife, Rose, who is a human resources director at a large hotel here in Winnipeg. (my nickname for her is... CSI, nothing gets past her) #5. I dropped out of a business administration college course after a couple of months knowing that any kind of structure in my life was not going to work. It didn't hurt that my psych teacher strongly agreed with that idea. I ended up as a self employed manufacturers agent and the rest as they say is history. #6. I started painting in the mid 80's, but business and family took my eye off the ball for a few years and it's only been recently that I have started back in ernest. I love painting and virtually any kind of creativity and definitely want to be an artist when I grow up. #7. Karin Jurick is my hero for getting the inspiration and creative juices flowing. Man I hope she doesn't think I'm some kind of stalker, but I am beholdin to that gal. And I'm sure there are a few more out there who feel the same as me. That's it, that's all. Thanks for taking the time and I wish you all good painting or whatever it is you do.

8 comments:

  1. You are hysterical. And I don't mean in the men-in-white-jackets sense. I LOLed numerous times while reading this and totally related to the dropping out of college (check, did that too -- although I went back and finished later) because it required too much structure. OH yes, I understand that concept completely!! Well it's great to see that such a fun personality is behind these incredibly skillful paintings I'm seeing here. Let's have a Late-Bloomer High Five! woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Camille, I'm down for that. WOOHOO!! Although in real life, I really can't woohoo very well. Thanks for the quick feedback, you are too kind. This was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vern! You totally confused me this morning, so I had to come here to see what the heck you were talking about. This looks fun and interesting, and for some reason I kinda like knowing you vomit out your nose. LOL. I'll be thinking up my seven things as I'm painting today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just found you through Amber Lounder's blog and find your work very interesting. I was born in Winnipeg and am also a fan of Joe Fafard (I've been fortunate enough to meet him and visit his studio a few times) - a retrospective of his work is currently traveling across the country, Jun 25 - Sep 13/09 at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. My favorites are his sculptures of people (Emily Carr, his father & mother, Trudeau, etc). - if you haven't seen them, they can be viewed on his website www.joefafard.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vern, I've done a couple of quick searches on variations of your name in google and I'm convinced that you are using a secret identity to pen your novels. As Camille stated "You are hysterical." Thank you so much Vern for joining in and making me proud... I know how difficult it is to learn your way with this Blogging business and you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kari, You've got a teeny little mean streak in you. Welcome aboard, I can hardly wait to hear what you have have to say about yourself. Don't be coy now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you Veronica, and thanks for posting. You are not only a talented artist but also a serious blogger. While enjoying your site, I noticed that we tag teamed Amber. Hope she's up to it. Also thanks for the heads up on Joe Fafard. I'll be sure to check it out when the show comes to town. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vern, you are So nice to help me with my posting problem, thank you sooo much! I will try to tackle that today/this weekend/soon -- one of those. But rest assured I will fix it thanks to your help -- you're a Sport. And Bob actually IS my daughters' uncle, you were close! (thanks Vern, really)

    ReplyDelete