Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Passion For Painting

In the last few weeks I've been tagged and honored by some great artists, Dominique Eichi, Edward Burton, Maggie Mayer, Sheila Tajima, Joanne Giesbrecht, and Tom Pohlman. For various reasons I haven't replied in a timely fashion. ( laziness might be one of them, but not the really BIG one) Soooo.... I've decided to break all the rules and respond Crazy Canuck style. ( I play hockey and drink beer...eh!)
The usual rules for all of the above awards are: Link the aforementioned best friends.
List 7 things you love.
5 random things about yourself,
5 more things you love and
Answer a series of questions!
Pass these great awards on to seven deserving artists.

Okay now for the fun part, I'm going to mix and match it up a little to start.

#1. I love to mix and match it up a little to start..... WOW, nice one!

#2. I love to HATE pina coladas and DEFINITELY walking in the cold wet rain. (because I'm usually GOLFING when that happens and remember...beer guy here!)

#3. I LOVE pina coladas and walking in the rain if it means getting to THIRD base, (my wife can play SO hard to get on occasion, but what a baseball fan.)

#4. I love...well, LOVE... Now if only it could be as unconditional as it is with our furry animal friends. Did you see what I just did there? I changed it up, ...being very SERIOUS.

Changing it up again, this is from Joanne Giesbrecht's's tag. Here are a couple of the questions.

#5. What are you wearing right now?
Right now? You mean this instant Joanne? Next question.
#6. Who was the last person you hugged?
It definitely wasn't my stock broker or my banker.

Now for some incredibly interesting and fascinating things about...MEEEEEE!!!!
#7.
#8.
#9. and I could go on.

Well that's it for the listing stuff, and I'm going to continue my irreverent path of rule destruction by linking more than 7, (could be lots more) amazing artists who have influenced and helped me along. Pick up your award if you don't already have it by copying the one at the side of my blog. Please visit these blogs if you haven't already, and feast your eyes. I'm not tagging these people, I'm acknowledging them. ( Sorry, yet another rule violation, and I am now skating over to the penalty box.)

Karin Jurick, because she deserves it more than anyone I know.
Liz Wiltzen, not a blogger, but my teacher and friend.
Alice Thompson, got me going on the blogging among other things. She'll be back soon.
All of the artists linked above, they are cool people.
Camille Olsen, what a breath of fresh air.
Pattie Wall, an inspiring individual and great blog friend.
Akiko Watanabe, well everyone knows Akiko...she's amazing.
Adebanji Alade, if only I could sketch or paint like this guy.
Marilyn King, I love her work and her demos.

8 comments:

  1. Great blogging Vern, I am especially amused by 7, 8, & 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vern, no *** YOU'RE *** a breath of fresh air. You sly baseball/hockey fan you. I think my award should really be "A Passion for Thinkin' About Thinkin' About Painting, But Not Really Doing It That Much But It's The Thought That Counts"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very enjoyable read, Vern. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh your so funny !!!!!

    Great response to all those awards. You deserve each and more.
    Loved your answers. :) now go paint ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your outlaw attitude! Couldn't help but imagining you with a hockey outfit with a club on one hand, a big pitcher of beer on the other, and a big smile with a few teeth missing. lol lol You are so funny.

    Thanks Vern for the Passion for Painting award! I'm very honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blush, blush, aw gee Vern. Thanks for the award, I am honored. Especially coming from someone like you! Now who will I give it to??? I may do like you - recognize them and let them decide.
    Love the final big one, last post. IT's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Vern...that 7, 8 & 9...I didn't know THAT!. And just while you're resting up from that award blog, wet your whistle over at my place with a LEMONADE Award. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for looking in and leaving your warm comments...smiling here with a few teeth missing.

    ReplyDelete