Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Sun Shines Brightly


I want to thank Dean Haven and Bobbi Heath for bestowing the Sunshine Award on my blog. I post it now to acknowledge all of the wonderful people who have been so supportive and sent their prayers our way. My wife Rose was diagnosed with incurable follicular lymphoma in Aug/09, underwent chemo and other drug treatments, and has now been declared cancer FREE. We are elated and relieved. I don't know if it was the God Squad, as she lovingly refers to those who sent their prayers, and there were a lot of them, or the fact that she got this early and the treatments were perfect, but perhaps it was both. Her doctor has stated that if she can stay clear of it for the next five years, he doesn't feel it will ever come back. She has gotten her life back and I am thrilled to join her in the celebration.
Thank you so much to everyone, you are all truly amazing.

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful news Vern! All the best to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good news. Thanks for posting that Vern! And all the best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vern, it was great to talk with you and I'm so happy about the great news! Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for the award, Vern. I am so happy for you both with the fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vern, that's just the best news. I'm so very happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy news! I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO HAPPY for the two of you!!!!! This is such a wonderful gift - more time together! Celebrate well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vern!!! That is the best possible news! Yea!! Huge hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the best news EVER! I am so happy, for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about being so tardy with this comment, Vern.
    What wonderful news! A new lease!
    I side with the God Squad! If the outcome was good because it was detected early and the treatments were exactly right...God had a hand in it all in making it turn out that way!!
    God Bless, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great news!!! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEa......... fabulous news. I love been in that God squad. He is in all of that good stuff. Blessings to you both . OXOX
    On an other note your portrait on Nelson's blog is very serious and I agree with her that a flower behind your hear should of been added.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely great news for you two..and the many of us out here who care for you. Modern medicine is a wonder, and The God Squad is awesome, but Rose's strength of spirit is, no doubt, shining the way. Thanks for sharing, and it was great talking with you, Vern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy for your good news, even though I don't know you other than following your art and animals. Best of luck to you both. Thanks for all you do for animals and shelters. Love your art and especially the way you capture animals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I'm posting late on this...great news! I know she had many many people praying for her. That's just the best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations for the award, but even more for your wife's recovery. What a wonderful blessing. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am waaaay behind on my blog visiting so I'm just now reading this -- so wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete