Saturday, March 26, 2016

Niko

Sadly, poor Niko was struck and killed by a car last year right in front the house where he lived with friends Don and Luz.  Not sure how people can drive so recklessly on a quiet residential street and not be bothered to slow down for a confused little critter.  It was a very sad day.  With not a great photo to reference, I borrowed heavily from a painting I fell in love with by artist extraordinaire  Jill Soukup.  She is an amazing painter whose workshop I would love to attend.  When you look at her painting, the cat is alive and breathing.  I loved her composition and decided to use it to try and create something that would remind my friends of their beloved little pal.  He had the bushiest, coolest tail I've ever seen on a cat. Thank you Jill, I learned a lot trying to emulate your beautiful work.

oil on board  

8" x 10"  

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment