Monday, October 9, 2023

Mrs. Maisel







I met Mrs. Maisel at the September dog show in E. St. Paul, and was instantly drawn to her.  She just exuded a certain amount of cool, and did come away with a ribbon the next day.  Bull terriers are an either you love 'em or don't care for the look type of breed.  I think she is definitely amazing.  I love trying new techniques and am a huge Francois Bard fan.  So I incorporated some of his beautiful background ideas, and mixed some liquin with walnut oil to create those delicious yellow ochre drip lines.  

If you are considering a commission painting for Christmas giving, now would be a good time to start the process.  It needs time to paint and time to dry.  Just email me at the above address.  This piece was $395 framed.

oil on board

9" x 12"

Sold




 

No comments:

Post a Comment